Welcome to Edge
At Edge Communications, we believe in a set of core values inside and outside of the workplace.
We are open and honest in everything we do
We are dedicated to providing our customers with excellent service.
We embrace internal change and provide innovative solutions.
We are consistently dependable.
We take ownership for our actions.
We are a TEAM!
Edge is a provider of integrated, managed voice and data technology systems and services for small/medium businesses and enterprises.
As an IT Support Representative, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide remote support for all facets of the IT ecosystem. Our "white-glove" 24/7 hospitality support services offering caters to high-end large-scale boutique hotels, restaurants and night clubs whose staff and patrons expect industry leading support. This is a fast paced, interactive, hands on role where you will need to give 100% each day.
- Support/troubleshooting of moderately difficult hardware, software, network, mobile device, remote user and phone related issues within a large enterprise environment.
- Remotely assist users with desktop, server, point of sale, business management programs, network or software troubleshooting, updating required software, firmware or applications.
- Issue resolution and troubleshooting for software application errors, printer issues, shared resource access, hardware and software configuring and installations, OS patch management, performing basic network and server level troubleshooting, providing on-site support in a very customer-oriented service environment, and other duties as assigned.
- First level identification and escalation of Major Incidents using the approved IT escalation processes.
- Document all work performed through a ticket tracking system and effectively track and route incidents to the appropriate teams within IT.
- Assist in creating knowledgebase articles, checklists, FAQs and End User training.
- Follow all standard service desk policies and procedures.
- Answering or escalating customer questions, instructing customers in the operations and maintenance of systems/equipment.
- Willingness to learn industry specific and proprietary management systems.
- Perform network administration functions, user account permissions, Active Directory changes.
- Follow up with clients to ensure resolution is complete and satisfactory.
- Maintain accurate, thorough and timely information in ticketing system adhering to departmental policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with peers to form technical solutions.
- Completion of day-to-day help desk support requests and assigned projects that require interaction with other divisions of our company.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 0-2 years demonstrated, recent support/troubleshooting experience in all aspects of Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, MAC, MS Office, Office 365, Internet Explorer 9 and above.
- Experience in a customer service role within an IT support team a plus.
- Knowledge of all Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Familiarity supporting (not engineering) TCP/IP, cables, IP phones, workstation connectivity, printer connectivity, POS devices and Active Directory administration.
- Ability to provide remote desktop support to customers.
- Ability to use remote support tools like VNC, LogMeIn, RDP, etc.
- Solid organizational skills and be strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- he Help Desk is a 24x7 operation. Candidates must be very flexible and willing to work during holidays and on shifts as required.
- Shifts may be changed based on coverage requirements and special events. Candidates may be asked to work longer hours on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be able to learn quickly and be very self-sufficient with limited training required.
- Candidates must be able to cope with stressful situations and frustrated customers in a calm and appropriate manner.
- Self-starter, dependable and accurate in completing tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Adhere to internal IT Policy and Procedures as it relates to helpdesk operations.
- Independent, self-starting attitude with the willingness to share knowledge.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills including the ability to provide diligent, prompt, and courteous responses to users’ questions or issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
- IT related certifications preferred – e.g. A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL or MCP.
- Understanding of basic ITIL principals preferred.
- Basic understanding of application architectural principals and technologies in relation to client/server, n-tier, asynchronous message hub and web-based.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, including LAN/WLAN/WAN, TCP/IP, ICMP, 802.1x authentication, 802.11 wireless networking, DNS, DHCP, VPN, RSA, proxy, certificates and FTP (SSL & SSH) and ability to remotely troubleshoot connectivity issues for end users.
- Demonstrated ability to support remote users over VPN technologies and get them operational without access to see their computer or remote network configuration.
- Familiarity with hospitality applications such as: PMS-Opera; POS-Micros; Revenue Management-Ideas; Building Management –HotSOS, Saflok, InnComm and more; Sales – Delphi/SalesForce.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and application-based user account management.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package.